Crystal Direct is the exclusive distributors of San Miguel products in Southern Africa. These products are made from 100% recycled glass and imported from Spain. Within the range you will find a combination of the most beautiful decorative pieces and stylish, unique items meant for household use. These items are all available in a variety of colours. If doing your part for the environment is a priority to you, please read on...
Environment Climate change Kyoto protocol Recycled products
Close the loop Saving energy C02 emissions 100% recycled
All these words are becoming more and more popular. Climate change today is a fact.
Vidrios San Miguel decided many years ago that it cared about this as a result of which the decision was made to only produce 100% recycled glass with all the benefits involved.
It is perfectly possible to produce a large range of shapes and colours, offering nearly 25.000 possibilities, with an excellent service, quality and competitive prices , just by recycling glass 100%. By buying our products you close the loop.
The advantages of recycling are enormous compared to other production processes. Global warming has reached a point where every individual action from any person around the world is more than welcomed as it will contribute to reducing the consequences of this phenomena.
Here are a few reasons why recycling is so important
• Recycled glass is melted at a lower temperature and therefore uses less energy.
• By recycling glass you save energy. The saved energy on recycling one single bottle is enough to maintain a 100W light bulb for 4 hours.
• The volume of waste going to landfill is dramatically reduced as well as that which is involved in the illegal and uncontrolled tipping of waste.
• We reduce sand and raw material extraction and avoid the destruction of natural resources.
• On average 1000 recycled bottles corresponds to 1 tonne less of waste going to landfill.
• The air contamination is reduced by 20% because less energy is needed compared to other kinds of glass
• 1 Kg of used bottles equates to one Kg of recycled glass.
• By recycling 1Kg of used glass we save 6 litres of water + 1.2 Kg of natural resources + 20% on energy.
WHY BUY RECYCLED GLASS PRODUCTS
• Buying recycled glass products is part of an overall waste reduction strategy.
• Until materials are made into new recycled content product they are not really recycled.
• When you buy recycled glass you “close the loop “to complete the recycling process.
• You can demonstrate commitment to environmental issues and reduce the volume of material going to landfill by purchasing from diverted and recovered materials.
• Buying recycled glass products conserves natural resources and reduces energy consumption.
• Glass can be recycled repeatedly without any reduction in quality.